The $83.8 million proposed operating and capital balanced budget is 3.1 percent lower than the current one and includes cost-saving measures that allow the agency to expand service on five bus routes.
- The FY2015 budget is based on projected revenue of $65.8 million for operations, which is $2.1 million higher than the current budget.
- The FY2015 Proposed Operating Budget is $65,813,577, which is $2.1 million higher than the FY2014 Amended Budget and the FY20145 Capital Budget is $18,084, 814, which is $4.7 million less that the FY2014 Amended Budget.
- FY2015 Budget goals were established based on the reality of available resources, to provide a stable foundation for HART for five years. These budget documents are available at www.goHART.org, under the "Public Meetings" page.
- Maintain current service levels and support continued increases in ridership, while providing enhancements to selected existing services based on Transit Development Plan (TDP).
- Long-term fiscal sustainability will include a plan to migrate the reliance on Federal funds for operations.
- Prepare HART for future growth.
- Focus overall on "forward-thinking" innovative programs; making HART an "employer of choice," and reinvesting new revenues.
During the meeting, Ruthie Reyes Burckard, Interim Chief Operating Officer, updated the board about year-to-date status and various factors impacting Operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
In addition, Ms. Reyes briefed the Board of Directors on the results of an on-board survey conducted by Tindale-Oliver and Associates, Inc. (TOS) contracted by HART. Generally, a comprehensive on-board survey is performed every four to six years. The last survey was conducted in April 2009.
Next Regular Board of Directors Meetings
The HART Regular Board of Directors and 2nd and Final PublicHearing on the proposed FY2015 Millage Rate and Annual Budget will take place Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. at the HART Ybor Office, 1201. E. 7th Ave., in Tampa.
Closed captioning from the monthly HART Board of Directors meetings will be posted within 5 - 8 business days on the Hillsborough Television (HTV) website.
Click here to view video recordings from recent HART Board/Committee meetings.